Lakhs of students prepare for various entrance exams every year to bag the much coveted government or banking sector job. However, the rigorous examinations ensure that only a deserving handful gets recruited. One needs to start preparing almost a year or more in advance to succeed in these lucrative sectors.
- IBPS PO Exam: The job of a bank probationary officer (PO) would pave the way for a great future in the banking sector. A bank PO post is an entry level position. Typically a 2-year probation period or training will be needed before one is accepted as an Assistant Manager or joins a branch. The job profile requires general banking and banking administration skills, good communication skills to calmly resolve conflicts, supervision of clerical work, and increasing bank business with better services.
- SBI PO Exam: The State Bank of India is a huge bank with branches in remote corners of the country and caters to every banking requirement. Bigger roles and responsibilities also give rise to bigger learning opportunities here.
- IBPS Specialist Officer: The Specialist Officer recruitment is yet another prime job opportunity from IBPS. Specialist Officers, as the name suggests, are appointed to specific departments for specialised roles, according to their educational background.
- SSC CGL: The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC CGL) to fill vacancies at different Central Civil posts, and different ministries as well.
- RBI Grade B: This job will give you a lot of learning opportunities regarding the economy, such as, about inflation and corruption, and also about IMF, World Bank etc. in detail.
You need to pass an exam and an interview conducted by RBI officers, in order to qualify. The highest posts which can be filled through the exam are that of the RBI Grade B officers-an entry level officer position post for management cadre. Governor posts are booked for IAS officers only.
- LIC AAO: The job of an Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) is considered a very respectable one. Administration, Development and Accounts areas can be selected from, for the AAO post.
- UPSC Civil Services: Civil Servants are the main personnel behind major government decisions. Union and the State Secretariats as well as the district administrations throughout the country are headed by Civil Service Officers.
- IBPS Clerk: Clerks serve as the first point of contact for any new visitor or customer. There are no interviews for clerical posts from 2016. Basic six months training would precede the main working.
- RRb NTPC: This is the largest department of the central government in the country. Every year, recruitment is carried out at a vast number of posts. The best opportunity for graduates would be the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) NTPC (Non-Technical Popular Categories) exam.
- TET: The Teacher Eligibility Test recruitment is conducted by both, Central and State governments, done for all levels of education in government schools that is, upper, middle as well as lower levels of education.