Newly-crowned Miss World Manushi Chhillar met Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday. Manushi was accompanied by her parents and brother.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday spoke to newly-crowned Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar, who’s studying medicine, of the importance of medical education and the need to improve its quality in India.
The Importance of Medical Education. CME is crucial to the prosperity of health care providers—it allows a practitioner to learn and discover viable ways to improve on the patient care they deliver and effectively manage a career in the ever-changing landscape of the medical industry.
- High-quality educational journals will be of increasing importance for bridging the gap between important scientific advances and the practising specialist.
- The next decade must see a move towards provider rather than event accreditation. Specifically, UEMS-EACCME to accredit the major providers of European events and e-learning, and also to accredit each national authority as an accredited provider.
As Miss World, Manushi is expected to be busy with the responsibilities of the pageant throughout this year but the PM has asked her to also focus energy on helping the country. “He assured us that if ever Manushi needs the help of the Prime Minister’s Office in her work, she should reach out to the PM,” her father said.
Continuing medical education allows health care providers to:
- Refine skills to improve overall patient care
- Stay current with the latest developments within their specialty
- Address real-world challenges that health care professionals face day to day
- Gain professional growth and a means to advance career status
- Meet licensing/certification requirements
- Learn effective medical team management skills
- Earn membership in professional organizations
“Beti ne Bharat ka naam roshan kiya hai (Our daughter has made India proud)”, -PM Narendra Modi.
According to Mitra Basu, Manushi — who earlier this year won the fbb Colors Femina Miss India title — told the PM that her achievements were possible because the country had given her so much.
She also elaborated on the campaign for menstrual hygiene, Project Shakti, that she has been working on and expressed her desire to work for the nation.She assured the PM that she would work towards taking her vision forward in the coming time. Manushi was accompanied by her parents, grandparents, brother and sister. They came away impressed by Modi’s words of encouragement and assurance.
“The PM also felt Manushi’s win and her vision would have a positive impact on medical education,” Mitra Basu said.